What is COAST?
Coordinated Opioid and Stimulant Treatment (COAST) is a network of substance use specialists in the Capital Region and Hudson Valley created to provide people with opioid and stimulant addiction the prevention, treatment, and recovery services that they need instantaneously.
Funded by the Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS) and coordinated by Capital Behavioral Health Network (CBHN) , the COAST network was created to make getting help for opioid and stimulant addiction quicker and more accessible.
How it Works
Using COAST to connect with an addiction specialist is simple: just call 866.518.4991 and you will be routed to a COAST team member, who will ask you a few questions and get you in touch with the addiction specialist best suited for your needs and most accessible based on your location. Speak to who you need, exactly when you need them – 24/7, 365 days a year.
The Coast Network
The COAST Network is connected to substance use organizations across 8 counties in the Capital Region and Hudson Valley: Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Columbia, Greene, Warren and Washington.
The COAST Network provides connections to specialists via referral and supportive service navigation to local treatment, prevention, peer, and social care services for every caller.
- Support line available to clients and service providers
- Assessments completed by qualified health professionals
- Access to same-day appointments and bridge prescriptions for buprenorphine, suboxone, and naltrexone
- Referral to methadone programs
- Funding and coordination available for prescriptions
- Referral and supportive service navigation to local treatment, prevention, peer, and social care services for every caller
- Connection to certified professionals with lived experience related to substance use
- Support for individuals who want to find treatment and overcome barriers to recovery
- Training, certification, and support for individuals wishing to become peers and currently employed peers
- Expanded partnerships with community law enforcement and hospitals
- Free evidence-based programs for youth and families
- Support for families who have loved ones struggling with addiction
- Strengthening Families for parents and their children
- Teen Intervene for teens who are having problems at home or school
- Other programs and services are available
COAST Connected Organizations
The COAST network is an alliance of organizations committed to helping those struggling with addiction. Below is a partial list of the organizations that make up COAST.
- Hope House, Inc.
- Addictions Care Center of Albany
- Catholic Charities Care Coordination Services
- Mental Health Association of Columbia and Greene Counties
- New Choices Recovery Center
- Prevention Council of Saratoga
- Second Chance Opportunities, Inc.
- Twin County Recovery Services
- Whitney M. Young, Jr. Health Center
For general help with alcoholism, drug abuse and/or problem gambling call the HOPEline, New York’s state-wide toll-free telephone hotline. The HOPEline is funded by the New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports.
© 2022 | Coordinated Opioid and Stimulant Treatment